Unified Alloys is one of the largest suppliers of specialty steel, alloy piping and instrumentation products in Canada. We are currently looking to expand our Sales team and have a casual / part-time Inventory Coordinator (Customer Site) position available in Williams Lake, BC.
The Inventory Coordinator (Customer Site) is part of the Sales Department. The role is responsible for stocking inventory at multiple customer locations and ensuring quantities remain within the minimum and maximum level set for each Item. As the client facing site sales contact, communicate to the assigned sales account representative requested changes to inventory, additional requirements, and any opportunities, whether requested or observed, to improve our delivered services. They must work cooperatively with Warehouse Operations and Administration to ensure all paperwork is completed and submitted per related SOPs.
Inventory Coordinator Overview:
- Promptly scan receiving reports to Administration and inventory usage information to the assigned sales account representative.
- Report all inventory and customer concerns, customer feedback and service improvement opportunities to the assigned sales account representative.
- Always follow safe driving habits.
- Ensure work area is clean and clutter free.
- Adhere to all Customer Site access requirements and Health & Safety Policies.
- Serve as a leader to ensure Health and Safety issues and concerns are reported and addressed.
- Adhere to Quality, Health and Safety requirements, company policies, ISO standards and directives.
- Other duties as requested/directed.
- Must confidently pass customer site drug-free testing requirements.
- Possess strong leadership qualities with effective people management skills.
- Able to lift heavy items (to prescribed maximum).
- Stand/walk/bend for duration of work hours.
- Able to work extended hours.
- Comfort in long distance driving in remote areas with ability to navigate using maps.
- Clean drivers’ abstract.
- Sound planning, prioritization, problem resolution and execution of skills.
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), negotiation and phone skills.
- Capable of following written and verbal instructions and procedures.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Able to read, analyze, interpret numbers, and perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Results driven attitude with demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. No phone calls please. Note: This is a casual / part time position (approximately 1-2 days per month). If interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations to the attention of Human Resources and indicate the job title and location.