Unified Alloys is one of the largest suppliers of specialty steel, alloy piping and instrumentation products in Canada. We are currently looking to expand our sales Operations team and have a TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE position available in our Dorval operation.
As an integral member of the team, the Technical Sales Representative is responsible for selling products or services to reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills, using a courteous and knowledgeable approach. The Technical Sales Representative will also develop revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers leading to future sales.
Technical Sales Representative Overview:
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes, returns, or concerns.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing accurate product and technical information in a timely manner.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling and up-selling to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Present price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customer’s profitability profiles.
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any issues.
- Setup and maintain customer files, fill requests for catalogues, information, or samples.
- Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
- Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products.
- Keep up-to-date records on sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings in a timely manner in the format required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies/techniques including prospecting, qualifying leads, closing deals, and success growing sales and meeting goals.
- Ability to persuade customers, offer competitive pricing, and negotiate favorable terms to achieve sales targets and maximize revenue.
- Able to identify customer requirements and provide solutions. Build trust and rapport with customers leading to repeat business and referrals.
- Proficient in problem-solving, negotiation, pricing strategies, and objection handling in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of stainless-steel pipe, fittings and valves is essential. This includes specifications, sizes, and applications with the ability to provide technical information to customers, recommend suitable products, and answer questions about performance and compatibility.
- Strong knowledge of sales operations including logistics, carriers, policies, and procedures.
- Sound understanding of risk management.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and customer relationship management software.
- Strong bilingual skills (French & English) are required.
- Knowledge of various manufacturers and suppliers in the industry would be an asset.
- Results driven attitude with a strong focus on customer service.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for sales, we would love to hear from you. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, no phone calls please. Our company offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Please submit your resume and salary expectations in English to the attention of Human Resources and include the job title and location in the email heading.