Unified Alloys is one of the largest suppliers of specialty steel, alloy piping and instrumentation products in Canada. We are currently looking to add a WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE / PRODUCT DELIVERY DRIVER to our Warehouse team with our Sarnia operation.
General Responsibilities: The Warehouse Associate & Product Delivery Driver is a part of the Warehouse Department. They accurately and safely store, gather, package and prepare product according to sales orders and established practices and procedures for product storing, picking and shipping and are responsible for the delivery of products in accordance with provincial legislation and customer requirements. They ensure correct loading, load securement and unloading of the vehicle and accurate record keeping. The Product Delivery Driver is expected to operate the delivery vehicle in a safe manner at all times, obeying all rules of the road and follow all appropriate company policies and procedures.
Warehouse Associate / Delivery Driver Overview:
- Properly pick, pack and label product as per work practices and procedures and as per customer requirements or instructions.
- Know product and product storage locations and maintain the ability to determine the status of an order at any given time.
- Document heat numbers, quantities, back ordered items and initial.
- Organize product in the staging area for pick up.
- Report quality and/or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate personnel. Ensure quality assurance checks are completed.
- Provide support for receiving.
- Unload trucks ensure paperwork is accurate and put material away.
- Operate and drive delivery truck and deliver various product ensuring compliance with all Provincial Legislation and company policies and procedures regarding the delivery of goods.
- Perform routine maintenance, pre-trip inspection of vehicle and report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, and / or damages. Maintain commercial drivers’ logbook when applicable.
- Promptly communicate customer problems / concerns or delivery issues to supervisor.
- Ensure correct loading of vehicle; load and unload products in a safe manner, using provided tools / equipment as appropriate.
- Ensure product preservation and weather protection standards are adhered to.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner, obeying all rules of the road.
- Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable provincial and federal regulations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork by the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Deliver product and proper paperwork to customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Assist and support management with day-to-day operations including coordinating workflow and warehouse staff; act as a liaison to monitor performance, resolve concerns and ensure completion of team training / assigned tasks.
- Adhere to Quality, Health and Safety requirements, company policies, ISO standards and directives.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license and class (DZ); clean driving record (abstract).
- 3+ years’ experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance.
- Understand basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and goal orientated.
- Demonstrated timeliness and success delivering superior customer service.
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written) and customer facing skills.
- Capable of following written and verbal instructions and procedures.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Defensive driving course and / or training that is required by Provincial regulations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to operate warehouse machines/tools (forklifts, saws, banders, man lifts, hand tools, power tools, recoilers, etc.).
- Stand / walk / drive for extended hours; able to work extended hours.
Our company offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations to the attention of Human Resources and indicate the job title and location.