Unified Alloys is one of the largest suppliers of specialty steel, alloy piping and instrumentation products in Canada. We are currently looking to expand our Warehouse team and have a WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE position available in our Dorval operation.
As an integral member of the team, the Warehouse Associate is responsible to accurately and safely store, gather, package and prepare product according to the sales orders and established practices and procedures for product storing, picking and shipping. They are also responsible to identify and confirm products received and report quality and quantity non conformances. They must work co-operatively with all personnel to ensure products are shipped and received accurately, in a timely fashion and all necessary paperwork is completed in detail.
Warehouse Associate Overview:
- Accurately pick, pack and ship product as per work practices and procedures, customer requirements and sales department notes.
- Load / unload product from trucks and shelving using a forklift or other equipment.
- Accurately document product details including heat numbers, quantities, back ordered items, etc.
- Organize incoming and outgoing product.
- Process shipments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Check product for correct size, grade, schedule, stenciling/stamping, damage and quantity and process according to company policy and procedures.
- Fill out receiving inspection documentation in a timely and precise manner.
- Fill out back-order packing slips with the incoming product.
- Follow up on outstanding back orders.
- Receive product as per work practices and procedures.
- Report quality and/or inventory discrepancy issues and ensure resolution. Ensure inventory counts and quality assurance checks are completed, as required.
- Follow established work practices and procedures.
- Keep warehouse and yard areas clean and clutter free. Regularly conduct workplace inspections and ensure equipment and tools are maintained.
- Act as a leader to ensure Quality, Health and Safety issues and concerns are reported and addressed
- Experience in a warehouse setting, preferably in a fast-paced environment would be an asset. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with stainless steel pipe, fittings and flanges.
- Forklift certification is an asset.
- Strong bilingual skills (French & English) required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse procedures, processes and techniques including packaging, sorting, stacking, product placement/picking, and inventory control.
- Knowledge of logistics including carriers, shipping policies, and procedures, would be considered an asset.
- Self-motivated, strong time management skills and can work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer / keyboarding skills. Capable of following written / verbal instructions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items (to prescribed maximum of ~ 50 lbs.)
- Experience operating warehouse machines/tools (saws, banders, hand tools, power tools, etc.), would be considered an asset.
- Stand/walk for duration of work hours.
- Able to work extended hours and weekends.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards with a positive ‘Yes, I can/ how can I help’ attitude.
Our company offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package. Only successful candidates will be contacted; preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in warehousing and metals. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. No phone calls please. Please submit your resume and salary expectations in English to the attention of Human Resources (email@example.com). Please include job title and location in the e-mail heading.