Unified Alloys is one of the largest suppliers of specialty steel, alloy piping and instrumentation products in Canada. We are currently looking to expand our Warehouse team and have a Warehouse Associate position available in our Langley operation.
As an integral member of the team, the Warehouse Associate is responsible to accurately and safely store, gather, package and prepare product according to the sales orders and established practices and procedures for product storing, picking and shipping. They are also responsible to identify and confirm products received and report quality and quantity non-conformances. They must work cooperatively with all personnel to ensure products are shipped and received accurately, in a timely fashion and all necessary paperwork is completed in detail.
Warehouse Associate Overview:
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Follow instructions pertaining to an individual order as set out by the customer or sales department.
- Load/unload product from trucks.
- Know product and product storage locations
- Clearly record all detailed information required on documents such as packing lists, including heat numbers, quantities, back ordered items and initials.
- Properly pick, package and label products as per work practices and procedures or as per customer requirements.
- Assist in organizing the product in the staging area for pick up.
- Maintain the ability to determine the status of an order at any given time.
- Report quality and/or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate personnel. Complete quality assurance checks as required.
- Keep work area and clutter free. Regularly perform housekeeping duties.
- Maintain and upkeep equipment and tools in accordance with procedures and/or manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Accurately pick, pack and ship product as per work practices and procedures, customer requirements and sales department notes.
- Report and address all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental issues and concerns.
- Adhere to Quality, Health and Safety requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Support other warehouse roles and duties as requested.
- Strong knowledge of all warehouse procedures and techniques including packaging, sorting, stacking, product placement/picking, loading/unloading trucks, etc.
- Able to lift heavy items (to prescribed maximum) and operate warehouse machines/tools (forklifts, saws, banders, man lifts, hand tools, power tools, recoilers, etc.).
- Forklift certification is an asset.
- Stand/walk for duration of work hours.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
- Confidently operate all warehouse machines/tools (forklifts, saws, pipe threading, roll groove, CSA tester, banders, man lifts, hand tools, power tools, tube coiler, etc.).
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and problems resolution and execution skills.
- Capable of following written and verbal instructions and procedures.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities within a fast-paced environment.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret numbers and preform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.).
- Able to work extended hours upon request.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards with a positive ‘Yes, I can/ how can I help’ attitude.
Our company offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. No phone calls please. No public transit available in the area. If interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations to the attention of Human Resources and indicate the job title and location.